Call to Artists Oregon Women’s Caucus for Art Women’s Voices Women’s Visions, Feb. 2014
Nov 18, 2013 // By:owca editor // No Comment
OWCA Group Show May, 2014
at the First Congregational Church’s
1126 SW Park Ave
Submission Guidelines: Please read carefully. Art work submissions must follow
these guidelines in order to be included in the exhibition.
Eligibility: Open to all paid members of the OWCA as of Tuesday, March 4th at 9:00 a.m. To renew or become a member please click here.
Theme: Women’s Voices Women’s Visions is an unjuried exhibit of two-dimensional art. No free standing sculptures please.
Presentation: All work submitted must be securely wired for hanging. No work will be accepted with loose frames, flimsy wires, saw tooth hangers, etc. Please make sure your work is presented professionally.
Selection Process: Must submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Intent to participate Women’s Voices. Women’s Visions “ no later then February 1st 2014. In the email you should say if you have any large works and any other information you feel might be needed. Nothing is required of applicants beyond saying you want to be in the show and that you understand the guidelines for work to be in the show.
- Intent to participate deadline : Saturday, February 1st 2014 by 11:59 p.m.
- Hanging of the show: Tuesday, April 29th, at 9:00 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Opening Artist Reception: first Thursday, May 1st 5:30pm – 7:30 pm
- Removal and pick up of work Monday, June 2nd, 2014 9am-10am
The church takes a 25% commission on works sold at the show and for sales generated from the show for the next 30 days.
Artists are responsible for their own insurance for art works. The First Congregational Church’s ArtReach Gallery insurance policy has a $1000 deductible. They have not had a problem with theft as they have volunteers there when the gallery is open.
This gallery is a large pleasant room with lots of wall space. They can accommodate about 50 pieces, depending on the size.
- Refreshments for reception
- Donations of cash are needed. We are running low on funds as this is at the very beginning of the year and OWCA doesn’t have the $200 need to design and print postcards for this show. Suggested is $5 and up. Donation will be needed by January 15th 2014. If mailing in your donation please write in the memo what it is for. You can also donate here on our website using WePay button located in the footer of this page to the left. Please then email us letting us know that it was intended for postcards. If we don’t receive enough money for the postcards we many hold the money aside for the next show.
Material (such as food with submission of receipt) and cash donations may be tax deductible, and upon request we will send you documentation.
Questions: The show will be coordinated by Jennifer Frykman of the OWCA Exhibition Committee. Jennifer will notify you of how many pieces you can have in the show as soon as she knows how many artists are going to be in it.
Subject line “Attention: Jennifer”